Message from the Chief Finance Officer
The Machakos University Finance department is charged with the responsibility of advising the management on;
1. Prudent financial management
2.Compliance to the applicable Public Finance regulatory framework.
The department also ensures that all the HELB funds awarded to students are allocated and receipted in the University’s ERP within a fortnight. This ensures that all the beneficiaries of these funds are able to register units and sit exams without delay.
Through our customer care desk we are able to receive compliments and complaints from various stakeholders like staff, students, and suppliers which have enabled us to improve our service delivery.
In collaboration with the ICT Directorate, we have been able to ensure that our staff can access their financial reports like payslips and the P9 forms through the portal via the university’s website. Students are also able to view their fees status through the student portal.
We have also partnered with both the National Bank and Kenya Commercial Bank to facilitate online payment of fees and this has greatly reduced the queuing for services in the finance department.
The Finance department also works closely with the Procurement department to ensure that all supplies are paid for on time. We are also in the process of migrating to online processing of payment for our suppliers.
Currently the department has a staff strength of 29 permanent staff, 6 casuals and occasionally we receive interns from various learning institutions across the country. The department is headed by the Chief Finance Officer who is responsible to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Planning and Finance).
A Preferred department of Excellence in Service Delivery
Provide prudent financial management services in compliance with the public finance regulatory environment
- To ensure timely collection and accounting for all revenue due to the University.
- To ensure timely payment for services and goods used by the University.
- To timely prepare management reports.
- To timely prepare annual budget.
- To timely prepare University annual reports and financial statements.
- To timely maintain asset register for the University.
- To ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- To automate all functions of finance
Tel_ No: 0798 043 066